Who would use the BIP39 Recovery Tool?
You would use the BIP39 Recovery Tool if:
- You have lost access to your account and lost access to your email.
- You have participated in an ICO for a token or coin that is not yet supported by the Universal Wallet.
- You have deposited an ERC20 token to your wallet while it wasn't supported yet .
- You have received an Airdrop of a token/coin that isn't supported yet. Most wallets offer a function to import an address from a private key, see the documentation for your wallet for specific instructions.
- If you need to derive your private keys from the Smartkey for any other reason.
By ensuring you have full access to your private keys at any time through the BIP39 Recovery Tool in addition to the Universal Wallet, you are truly granted full self-custody.
How to use the BIP39 Recovery Tool
Please read the warning notification displayed at the top, as if not used properly your assets might be at risk.
Once you've read the notifications, please select the Blockchain you want to retrieve your private keys for.
Leave the Mainnet or Testnet on its default "Mainnet"
You can leave the starting wallet index and amount of wallets to produce on their defaults as well, this will then create the first 10 wallets that would be created with your SmartKey, even if you have not created them in the App yet.
Then Enter your SmartKey and press "Derive Addresses"
If you entered your SmartKey correctly, you will then see several of the screens below:
Look up the "Address" for which you want to extract the Private Keys from and copy the Private Keys.
These can now be used by other Interfaces that allow imports of Private Keys.
ETHEREUM and ERC20
If you require any help, please contact support, but never send your SmartKey or Private Key!
Ethos Customer Service Representatives will never ask for your SmartKey or Private Key!